School Officials: Bus Driver Broke the Rules
A bus fight in Marion County left one 13-year-old girl unconscious. But Thursday, school officials said the driver of that bus broke several rules. Marion County School District Spokesperson, Kevin Christian said the driver hadn't taken attendance, didn't require the kids to abide by the seating chart and didn't maintain control of the bus. But union members representing bus drivers in Marion County say it wasn't the driver's fault, and that a bus aid should have been on that problem route to help the driver who was just filling in. The bus driver quit soon after the fight. School district officials told us that bus drivers are going to receive more conflict-management training because of this incident.
- Officials: Drunk Driver Hits, Kills Lake City Woman
- No Charges Filed Against Bus Driver in Teen Fight
- Private School Bus Company Meets with Bus Drivers
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- School Officials Cracking Down On Fights
- Officials: "Don't light left over fireworks."
- Officials: Flooding presents dangers
- Officials: Amendment One Will Benefit Local Natural Resources
- School Bus Beatdown, Levy County Driver Fired
- School Bus Driver Grabs Student by the Neck