Students Performing During Black History Month
It was a musical journey tonight for students at P.K. Yonge School.
Elementary, middle and high school students performed "The Living Proof" from the movie "The Help"
It's a Black History musical celebrating the dream of Martin Luther King Junior
School Officials say the students performed three times today.
The students sung "Lift Ev'ry Voice and Sing" "Oh Happy Day" and "The Living Proof."
School officials are pleased with the performances.
"I feel like a proud papa, during the high school show I wept, and tonight I only cried once, I'm very proud of em those are my babies they just really did a great job."
P.K. Yonge Students aren't done performing yet.
In March, they'll perform a new musical, "Spelling Bee."
- Tuskegee Airmen Remembered During Black History Month
- Central Florida Community College Celebrates Black History Month
- Black History Month
- Ocala's "Unsung Heroes" inducted into Black History Museum
- Owner: Marion Theater Fairing Well During Summer Months
- Black Mold Impacting A Student Living At The Polos Apartments Complex
- First Black UF Student
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- Buchholz Students Keep Their Mind on Business During Panel Discussion
- Santa Fe College President Putting Students and Employees First During Budget Process