Teenage Mother Arrested After Child Found Alone By Dumpster
A teenage mother from Gainesville may have failed a class in "Parenting 101" but tonight her little boy is safe and sound.
Amber White, 18, was arrested this afternoon after her 3-year-old son was found by himself wandering alone outside the home.
GPD says White left her son home alone this morning when she went to school.
The child wandered outside of their home located in an apartment complex in northeast Gainesville.
A maintenance worker found the child crying by a garbage dumpster.
The maintenance worker contacted police who put the child in protective custody, then went to look for the mother.
White, who lives in the home with her sister, said she thought her sister was present to watch the child.
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Gainesville Police Arrest Drunk Mother
- Gainesville Woman Arrested After Beating Up Mother & Cutting Nephew With Broken Window
- Mom Arrested After "Joke" Pic of Baby Found
- Three Arrested for Child Neglect in Lake City
- Intoxicated Parents Arrested, Face Child Neglect Charges
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges
- Gainesville Man Accused of Child Neglect