Teens in Bus Brawl Expelled
The seven Marion County school kids accused of beating a classmate unconscious are facing the wrath of the legal system and the school system.
On Tuesday, one of the five girls charged with battery and disorderly conduct pleaded "no contest" in court -- and she'll be sentenced next month.
But all students involved got the school board's sentence.
School board members voted to expel the students for one year.
The students will be assigned to alternative schools until January 2013.
School board spokesperson Kevin Christian says after the one year expulsion, the students will have to petition the school board to get back into their original schools.
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
- Bus Brawl Hearing
- School Bus Brawl: Video Released
- Leanetta McNealy Wins Alachua County School Board Runoff
- Bus Beating: Students Expelled
- Teen gets hit by bus
- Brawl Breaks Out Outside of Courtroom
- High School Basketball Brawl
- Hinson-Rawls Resigns GHA Board
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members