Top Morning Stories 2/16
Viral "Racist Rant" Posted by GHS Teens Causes Outrage
Extra Gainesville Police Officers are on stand-by at Gainesville High School Thursday morning to deal with the fallout from offensive videos posted by two Gainesville High School students.
The videos have gone viral on the worldwide web and are generating a lot of talk in the hallways of GHS.
This is the second of two videos produced by the duo. We're told that the first video is even worse than the second.
Here, the girls are responding to "hate mail" generated by their first racist rant video. The teens express no remorse for those they offended and laugh at the comments.
The original post may have been removed from YouTube, but several websites have reposted the second video in its entirety.
This offensive clip is mild compared with the rest of the video.
School Board spokesperson Jackie Johnson says they are aware of the video made by the two Gainesville High School students, however no disciplinary action has been taken.
Columbia County School Bus Crash Injures Driver
A school bus crashed into a fence with children on board Wednesday afternoon in Columbia County and the bus driver was badly injured.
62 year old Charlotte baldwin was headed North on NW Staten Harris Court.
Officials believe that Baldwin might have suffered from a medical condition that caused her to veer off the road into a fence.
Baldwin was flown to Lake City Medical Center to be treated for critical injuries.
None of the 16 schoolkids on the bus were hurt.
The crash is still under investigation by the FHP.
- Racist rant turned apology- Gainesville High teen releases new video
- Man Arrested for YouTube Gang Recruitment
- New YouTube film series features Marion County horse heritage
- Racist Rant Girls "No Longer Students at GHS"
- Teen Apologizes For "Racist Rant" Video
- Teens' Racist Rant Goes Viral
- Child Hurt In Gainesville School Bus Crash
- Middle School Students Stop a Bus from Crashing
- School Bus Crash
- Driver hurt, kids OK in Lake City school bus crash