Top Morning Stories 2/20
Santa Fe College "Flashing" Incident Prompts Student Concern
An incident at Santa Fe College brought back-up law enforcement officers to the campus.
The incident involved a man who was exposing himself in a busy parking lot. Police have a description of the mystery flasher, but that's not enough for some.
SFC Sophomore Danielle St. Hilaire said, "I feel unprotected because we have a police station right in front of us, and for something like that to happen is very unnecessary."
Some students are asking about the possibility of installing cameras in parking lots, after another student was abducted from the campus parking lot last month.
Gainesville Raceway Debuts New Name
Gainesville Raceway is getting a new name and it's the first time the raceway has ever seen a naming rights deal since it opened.
General Manager Don Robertson says they just made the official switch during yesterday's race. The change applies solely to the name of the raceway and no management is changing hands.
The raceway is working now to change the signage and is letting people know of the new name.
They did not disclose how much money "Auto Plus" paid for the deal.
- Gatornationals Prep Well Underway at Auto Plus Raceway
- County Commissioners End Fairground Negotiations with Auto Plus Raceway
- Police on Lookout for Campus Flasher
- Police Review Camera Footage After Attempted Robbery on Santa Fe College Campus
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Gainesville Raceway Renamed
- Top Morning Stories 2/21/12
- Top Morning Stories 2/22/12
- Top Morning Stories 2/23/12
- Top Morning Stories 2/15