Harry Crews, an author best known for his gritty tales of the rural south has passed at the age of 76 in Gainesville, FL. His ex-wife, Sally Ellis Crews, said he had suffered from neuropathy.
This is video from 2004 when his book inspired the movie "The Hawk is Dying." The movie was filmed in Gainesville, FL. Crews, author of 17 novels and numerous short stories taught graduate and undergraduate fiction writing workshops at the University of Florida from 1968 until his retirement in 1997.
He was a Georgia native, but a longtime Florida resident.
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Man from Belleview dies from trailer catching on fire
- Authorities Search for Manatee Rider
- Marion County Teen Dies In Crash On Graduation Day
- Man Dies in Citra House Fire
- Pedestrian Who Was Hit By Vehicle Dies
- Santa Fe Student Dies In Wreck On 301
- Silver Springs Giraffe Dies