Harry Crews, an author best known for his gritty tales of the rural south has passed at the age of 76 in Gainesville, FL. His ex-wife, Sally Ellis Crews, said he had suffered from neuropathy.
This is video from 2004 when his book inspired the movie "The Hawk is Dying." The movie was filmed in Gainesville, FL. Crews, author of 17 novels and numerous short stories taught graduate and undergraduate fiction writing workshops at the University of Florida from 1968 until his retirement in 1997.
He was a Georgia native, but a longtime Florida resident.
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Authorities In Marion County Looking For Thieves Who Stole Car And Credit Cards
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Authorities Search for Manatee Rider
- Man Dies in Crash in Putnam County
- Teenager Dies in Motocross Accident
- Silver Springs Giraffe Dies
- Santa Fe Student Dies In Wreck On 301
- Pedestrian Who Was Hit By Vehicle Dies
- Marion County Teen Dies In Crash On Graduation Day