Bomb Threat Arrest
Police say the suspect who sent an email threatening to bomb Gainesville High School has been arrested in Austin, Texas.
That man is John Peter Bateman who is charged on one count of terroristic threat.
The Austin Police Department says the man wanted to use explosives to blow up area high schools, kill police officers, public officials, and the president.
The Gainesville Police Department was first alerted to the fact that this could be related to Texas because when Bateman wrote on GPD's website, he actually put a Texas address.
The address he did leave was not his actual address, however.
The investigation is ongoing to see what other threats Bateman may have sent, and has now involved the secret service because of the threats against the president.
This is the first time this type of threat has been sent through the contact us form on the Gainesville Police Department's website.
- Arrest Made in Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- SFCC Bomb Threat Information
- Eight Students Expelled for Bomb Threats
- School Bomb Threat
- Bomb Threat
- Bomb Threat Called In To Columbia School Offices, Found To Be A Hoax
- Bomb Threat Closes Gilchrist County Schools
- Pipe Bomb Threat Forces Neighbors to Evacuate
- Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School
- Bomb Threat at Orange and Blue Game