Curb- Side Recycling Coming to Ocala
The City of Ocala is getting a little greener and is just weeks away from launching a new curbside recycling program. Residents are in the process of receiving their recycling bins over the next two weeks. Starting on April 2nd, the city will begin picking up bottles, cans and carboard from people's front yards. The city approved the move last December, and officials say they tried to make it simple for residents to recycle.
"We've made it very easy," City Spokesperson, Jeannine Robbins told TV20. "They don't have to separate their recycling items. They just have to put them all in one bin and the city will come to their door step and take it away."
The city opted to go for a once- a- week garbage pickup schedule to include recycling, saving the city more than $500,000. But the city's current recycling drop-off centers will close soon, while 20 other recyling collection locations will remian open throughout Marion County. Visit http://www.ocalafl.org/recycle/ for more information.
- Two dead in murder-suicide on Ocala's east side
- Break in at Ocala Recycling Center- Fourth Time This Year
- Job Growth Coming to City of Ocala
- 400 New Jobs may be coming to Ocala
- World War II Planes Come To Ocala
- FedEx Ground coming to Ocala
- Parking garage coming to downtown Ocala in 2016
- American Idol Judge Comes To Ocala
- Curbing Prostitution
- Teenagers Hope to Curb Dating Violence