Firefighters Face Setback
Published March 9th, 2012
Wildfire crews fighting the Caribbean Circle fire faced a setback yesterday, losing some of their containment ground.
Earlier yesterday the fire was seventy-five percent contained, but last night that number dropped to sixty percent containment.
Several hotspots in the area are making the ground unstable, and causing trees to fall without warning.
There are no road closures for nearby areas and no burn bans are in effect, but local officials are urging people to not burn at this time.
The fire originally started from a backyard burn earlier this week.
- Caribbean Circle Wildfire
- Firefighters Extinguish Small Electrical Fire At Ocala Nursing Home
- Firefighters Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Park
- Area Firefighters Train to Deal With Solar Panel Fires
- 19 Arizona Firefighters Dead in Yarnell Hill Fire NCFL Reaction
- Firefighters Reminding Residents About Fire Safety
- Marion County Firefighters Promoting Fire Prevention Month at Maplewood Elementary
- Firefighters Step Up Fire Prevention Programs
- Firefighter's Pension Under Fire
- SpringHills Setback