Florida Recovery Center Plans on Relocating
Tonight the Alachua County Commission is considering whether to rezone property containing the Residence Inn on SW 13th street so that a drug and alcohol rehab center can take over.
TV's 20's Yaremi Farinas reports the facility would also help people hungry for help in other ways as well.
There are plans to relocate the Florida Recovery Center here so that they can almost double the number of patients who would live on site.
"A lot of the therapy happens when people are just kind of talking to each other. It's not always in a official group, so living together and working together as a recovery community is an important aspect of treatment."
They currently have 35 employees and 18 new positions will be created if they relocate.
Right next door there is an apartment complex called the Landings. One resident isn't bothered by having a rehab center nearby.
But others don't exactly agree.
- Marion Manor Residents to Relocate
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City
- Bumpy Road to Recovery for Live Oak Residents
- Gustav Evacuees Relocate to North Central Florida
- Meeting Scheduled for Legionaire's Disease found at Shands Cancer Center
- Patient Dies from Bacteria found in Shands Cancer Center
- Big Plans for Shands AGH Site
- Residents Voice Opinions about Shands AGH Closing
- Residents Say Plan Smells, County Utilities Disagrees
- Glen Springs Manor Residents Plan to Move Out ASAP