Florida Recovery Center Plans on Relocating
Tonight the Alachua County Commission is considering whether to rezone property containing the Residence Inn on SW 13th street so that a drug and alcohol rehab center can take over.
TV's 20's Yaremi Farinas reports the facility would also help people hungry for help in other ways as well.
There are plans to relocate the Florida Recovery Center here so that they can almost double the number of patients who would live on site.
"A lot of the therapy happens when people are just kind of talking to each other. It's not always in a official group, so living together and working together as a recovery community is an important aspect of treatment."
They currently have 35 employees and 18 new positions will be created if they relocate.
Right next door there is an apartment complex called the Landings. One resident isn't bothered by having a rehab center nearby.
But others don't exactly agree.
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City
- Residents Want Road Sign Relocated
- Marion Manor Residents to Relocate
- Fire at Wood Resource Recovery Site Limits Visibility in Northwest Gainesville
- Bumpy Road to Recovery for Live Oak Residents
- Gustav Evacuees Relocate to North Central Florida
- Motel Murder
- Big Plans for Shands AGH Site
- City Plan Board Grants Church Permit to Buy Dove World Outreach's Land
- Residents Voice Opinions about Shands AGH Closing