Gainesville City Election 2012
POE RECEIVED 57- PERCENT OF THE VOTE TO SKOP'S 43- PERCENT. THE AT-LARGE RACE COVERED THE ENTIRE CITY... AND TURNOUT WAS 14 PERCENT.
THE TWO PROVIDED A STARK CONTRAST IN THEIR POLITICS... INCLUDING OVER THE NEW BIOMASS POWER PLANT BEING BUILT BY G-R-U.
SKOP OPPOSES IT. POE SAYS THIS WAS A REFERENDUM ON GAINESVILLE'S FUTURE.
POE HAD PREVIOUSLY SERVED ONE TERM AS CITY COMMISSIONER.
HE WILL BE SWORN IN IN MID-MAY.
- Website Stirring Controversy Before City Elections
- Poe vs. Skop- City Commission Run-Off Election Tuesday
- Gainesville mayor and city commissioner sworn in
- City of Gainesville's runoff election starts tomorrow
- Gainesville campaign goes negative
- GRU and equality, topics in first candidate forum
- Poe wins mayoral seat
- Equity, transportation, GRU top priorities for Poe
- Assistant UF professor's book listed for 2016 National Book Award
- City Of Gainesville Election Deadline