Help Still Needed for Soldier & Family
While a soldier is fighting in Afghanistan, his family in Marion County is trying to pick up the pieces after their home caught on fire.
Engineers now say the home is a total loss and will have to be knocked down.
Army Staff Sergeant Richard Leadingham was deployed just two days after the fire happened on March 8th. Donations have been pouring in to the Francis Marion Military Academy in Ocala, which is leading the relief effort. They are hosting a meeting on Thursday with other organizations to determine how else they can help. Meanwhile, Leadingham's wife and four of their children are staying at a family member's house.
- Help Center for Abused Women Needs Help
- Florida License Plates Still Need To Be Approved
- UF's Fanfares and Fireworks Still Needs $8,500
- Burn Ban & Fireworks Ban Still in Effect in Marion County
- Rescuers Try to Help Pets That Need Each Other
- Ocala Police Need Your Help
- "Talk of the Town" Needs Help
- Kid's Central: Helping Find Homes For Those Who Need It Most
- Toys for Tots Receives Much Needed Help
- A Gainesville High School Student Is Helping Other Students With Their School Uniform Needs