Local Student Selected for NASA Program
Only 92 students across the U.S. were chosen to attend a three-day training program provided by NASA.
One of those students goes to school right here in Gainesville.
Gregory Van, a second-year student at Santa Fe College, took a five-month-long course to qualify for the NASA workshop at the Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas.
Along with working with engineers, the students will form teams to create a space rover and test it. They will also get to tour the space center.
Van is preparing for the visit now through a course, and will go to Texas in May.
- Santa Fe Rocket Team Soars Into Great Start
- Five Eastside High School Students Win Nasa's Student Astronaut Challenge
- Santa Fe Student Dies In Wreck On 301
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Local Teacher Creates Unique Environment For Students
- Government Shutdown Affecting Students Who Need Federal Websites
- Space Capsule Returns To Earth
- Launch of Atlas V Rocket Successful
- NASA Cancels First Attempt of Orion Launch
- Pregnant Mother Who Drove Van Of Kids Into Ocean Now Accused Of Punching Self In Stomach While Jailed