Man Dies in House Fire
A man is dead in Ocklawaha after his home caught fire Wednesday morning. The laze is being called suspicious.
The victim is a man in his fifties or early sixties. His name was not released as of Wednesday afternoon until authorities informed his family members. The man's dog had also died by the time rescue crews got there. It happened at the Silver Springs Village subdivision in Ocklawaha- just blocks away from where a 300 acre brush fire threatened homes last week.
Authorities are calling the fire suspicious. The victim's car was left parked across the street at a neighbor's house. The Fire Marshal's Office is investigating how the fire started.
Authorities also did not confirm whether the fire could have been a part of a suicide.
- Man Dies in Citra House Fire
- 89 Year Old Man Dies in House Fire
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- Five Children Die in Citra House Fire
- Woman Dies In House Fire; Authorities Looking For Person Of Interest
- Man Dies in Grass Fire
- Man Arrested for Trying to Light House on Fire
- Man Burned In Early Morning House Fire
- Man Saved in House Fire
- 14 cats die in house fire in Florida's Panhandle