New Business Brings Jobs To Gainesville
Big business is coming to Gainesville, and with it, 400 new jobs for our community.
The I-T company MindTree is opening a development center in the U.S. and has chosen Gainesville's Innovation Square as its base.
Scott Staples, co-founder of the company, made the announcement this morning to the Council for Economic Outreach.
Staples says he wanted to base his company in the southeast and chose Gainesville in part because of its ties to the University of Florida.
The company will bring in business from the likes of Microsoft, Volvo, and The Home Depot.
Even Tim Tebow was a part of the negotiations - Scott says after he visited Gainesville, Tim Tebow sent him an autographed copy of his book.
The company is originally based in India.
- New Residence Hall at Innovation Square to Fuel Entrepreneurship
- UF Cuts Trees For New Building, Promises To Replace Them
- Innovation Square Wins Award
- CurtCo Robb Media Comes to Innovation Square, Plans to Recruit Talent
- "Start-up Dorm" Planned for Innovation Square
- Innovation Square Starting To Take Shape
- Will Innovation Square Spark Redevelopment?
- Mobiquity Brings New Jobs
- Mindtree Brings Dozens of Jobs to Gainesville
- New Businesses Bringing Verde Plaza Back to Life