Pill Bust in Marion County
It is being called one of the largest pill busts in Marion County history.
Thousands of pills were being bought and sold from the alleged mastermind's house inside the Ocala National Forest.
Detectives were working Operation Blue Forest for the past 11 months.
They seized almost 7,000 thousand Oxycodone pills and 1,680 Methadone pills.
Inside Eugene Bubba Ryles' home they also found guns, dozens of bullets, $17,000 in cash and 116 pounds of change.
Under-Sheriff Dan Kuhn says this bust will help stop the trafficking and abuse of prescription pills.
"The prescription medication problem has been a problem in the State of Florida for the past several years and in Marion County alone, it's been responsible for over a death a week," Kuhn said.
Ryles was taken to the Marion County Jail on 67 charges.
His bond amount is set at $5.3 million dollars.
But Ryles isn't the only one in trouble, 35 others were arrested and eight more suspects are being still being sought.
Authorities say those people were traveling to Tampa and getting the pills from doctors' offices and bringing them back to Bubba Ryles.
Authorities said Ryles had made $96 thousand dollars in a span of 6 weeks.
- 15 Year Old Severely Injured in Raceway Crash
- Raceway Says 15 Year Old Race Car Driver Died
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- Nine Arrested in Bradford County Undercover Rx Pill Bust
- Marion County Drug Bust
- K-2 Drug Bust in Marion County
- Multi-State Retail Theft Crime Ring Bust in Marion County
- Pill Mill Bust on Newberry Road
- Marion County Officials make push to bring Chewy, Inc. to Ocala
- Meth House Busted In Belleview