Public Hearing Over Proposed Treatment Center
A public hearing over a proposal to turn the former Residence Inn on Southwest 13th Street into an addiction treatment center is scheduled for Wednesday evening.
The hearing starts at 6 p.m. and will be held in Room 209 of the Alachua County Administration Building.
Up to 120 patients would be able to live at the location as they receive treatment for drug addiction and eating disorders.
Earlier this year, officials from Shands at the University of Florida held a workshop as part of the requirement asking the county to change the land use for the area.
If approve, the land will need to be rezoned from a business/highway-oriented district to a hospital/medical district.
- County Commission To Hear Condo Proposal
- Alachua County Wage-Theft Ordinance Advances to Public Hearing
- Public Safety Committee Hearing
- First Public Hearing: Alachua County FY12 Budget
- Zimmerman Trial: Hearing Over Audio Experts Still Undecided
- EPA Hears Concerns Over Koppers Cleanup
- Fight over proposed charter amendment heats up
- Debate Over College Tuition at Public Universties Heats Up
- Supreme Court to Hear Appeal Over Threats on Facebook and other Electronic Formats
- Court Hearing on Hold Over Lung Transplant Case