Are There Foreclosures in Your Neighborhood?
A second wave of foreclosures may be on the horizon. How does Florida fare with the rest of the country?
Craig Wilburn, president of the Gainesville-Alachua County Association of Realtors says foreclosure rates in Alachua county are much lower than other parts of Florida, where rates can be as high as 80%.
He adds that you can find these foreclosures in all types of neighborhoods, and are not isolated to certain parts of town.
"We typically find theres more foreclosures in a certain price range. Usually when you get under 175,000 we typically see a higher concentration of foreclosures and its not necessarily limited to a neighborhood, its more so a price point."
He says that employment in Alachua County is partially to thank for the low number of foreclosed homes, because keeping people in their jobs keeps them in their homes.
Short sales also make up a bulk of home sales, and usually look attractive to buyers but close less often than their foreclosure or traditional counterparts.
- Sex Offenders In Your Neighborhood: One Woman's Shocking Discovery
- Gainesville Ranks 7th on a list of New Foreclosure Capitals
- Ocala Among Top 5 Foreclosure Markets in the Nation
- Ex-NFL and UCF QB Culpepper Loses Home in Foreclosure
- Seven Sisters Inn Facing Foreclosure
- Defending residential foreclosures
- Florida's Foreclosure Crisis
- Floridians Receive Foreclosure Help
- Florida Supreme Court Foreclosure Taskforce
- Officials Provide Assistance To Homeowners Facing Foreclosure