Local Scuba Diver Cause of Death Known
The cause of death is finally known for the Gainesville diver who died at Weeki Wachee Springs last weekend.
According to a medical examiners report, an air embolism is to blame for 29-year-old Mason Kay's death.
An air embolism is when an air bubble gets into the bloodstream.
Hernando county sheriff's deputies say Kay was returning to the surface of the water when he got stuck in a space too small to escape.
The Sheriff's office has concluded it's investigation.
- Gainesville Diver Drowns
- Diver's father wants cave closed after deaths
- Four Dead Following House Fire, Fire Not The Cause of Deaths
- Prostate Cancer is Second Leading Cause of Death Among Two Groups
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Well-Known Chef Killed in Motorcycle Accident
- A Known Crime Ring Strikes in Gainesville
- Community Mourns Loss of Well-Known Teacher
- Stabbing Suspect Well-Known to Holly Heights