Man's Body Found in Ditch
A man's body was found in a deep ditch in Ocala today.
Police found the partially decomposed body of a male at the bottom of a ravine.
They said the body had probably been there for days.
According to police, a city worker called 911 Wednesday morning after noticing a foul smell in a heavily wooded area in the 1700 block of Martin Luther King Avenue in Ocala.
Sergeant Chas Maier said they have not yet identified the body.
He also said they have not yet determined how the person died or if it is now a homicide investigation.
- Baker County man's body found in Santa Fe River
- Missing man's body found in Santa Fe River
- Man's body found at limerock mining pit
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Man's body discovered in home fire
- Missing Man's Body Recovered
- Man's Body Still Missing in Sinkhole, House Demolished
- One Man's Hobby, Others' Holiday Cheer
- Man Found Dead After His Ex-Wife's Body was Discovered
- Power loss threatens Gainesville man's life