Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Rapper Plies Won't Pay
He was obligated to pay thirty-five thousand dollars, but now rapper Plies won't have to pay a dime.
Plies defense attorney, Robert Rush, says after filing post trial motions they received word from the court system that there was not enough evidence to hold Plies liable.
He was sued for a shooting that happened during one of his performances in 2006 at a nightclub in downtown Gainesville.
Robert Rush responded to the ruling by saying "We really believe in our system of justice and sometimes it takes a long time to get there but when a judge has the time to look at the facts and look at the law this is a well reasoned opinion and this is what we expected eventually would happen."
The courts also denied the plaintiff's motion for a new trial.
We reached out to the plaintiff's attorney Christopher Chestnut.
He is disappointed about the verdict but respects the court's decision.
Chestnut plans to met with his clients and take the case to the District Court of Appeals.
- EMT's Won't Get Raise
- Fla: Computer switch won't hurt those seeking aid
- Towing Companies Won't Be Suspended
- Ducks Won't Be Euthanized
- UF President Machen Announces He Won't Seek New Term
- One Thing you Won't See in Downtown Ocala this Holiday Season
- Engineers Making Sure Bridge Won't Collapse
- Backpack Program Ensures Kids Won't Go Home Hungry for the Holidays
- I'll Have Another Won't Be Going For the Triple Crown
- Food Network Won't Renew Paula Deen's Contract