Seath Jackson Trial Jose Baez Signs On
Two of the teens accused of murdering 15-year-old Seath Jackson learned they have a set trial date.
Kyle Hooper, 17 and his sister, 16-year-old Amber Wright made an appearance in Marion County court Wednesday afternoon.
The teens are being tried together but with separate juries.
Wednesday state prosecutors and the teens' attorneys decided the trial will begin on June fourth.
Meanwhile, TV20 has learned that their Co-defendant, Charlie Ely will be represented by a new attorney in her appeal.
He is Jose Baez, the same lawyer that represented Casey Anthony.
TV20 confirmed the news with court records today.
The appeal is automatic after Ely was sentenced to life in prison for the murder of Seath Jackson.
The case will be heard at the Fifth District Court of Appeals in Daytona.
Baez was not available today for comment about why he signed on to the case.
- TV20 Exclusive: Seath Jackson Murder One Year Ago
- Charlie Ely Takes The Stand
- Hooper, Wright Sentenced to Life in Seath Jackson Murder Case
- Seath's Mother Takes the Stand
- Two Siblings Guilty of First- Degree Murder
- Jury Seated for Amber Wright
- Wright found guilty of first degree murder for the second time
- Charlie Ely's Murder Trial will Stay in Marion County
- New Trial Date Set for Amber Wright
- Siblings' Trial Begins