Shooter Claims Self-Defense
A late night argument between roomates leaves one man dead.
Police say 21 year old Santa Fe student Jude Rizzo shot his roomate, 20 year old Michael Crace.
Rizzo and the only witness, his brother Joel Rizzo, were taken in and released.
The shooter was not arrested because he claims his roomate pointed a gun at him and he killed Crace in self-defense.
"The witness and the shooter that we both interviewed are alleging that Mr. Crace did threaten him with a fire arm and that's why he as shot."
Police at this point are not charging anyone because the forensic evidence matches the claims of the shooter and his brother.
It was the shooter who called 911, where police found the victim dead.
- Evidence Mixed for Zimmerman's Self-defense Claim
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense
- Zimmerman Trial: Self-Defense & Stand Your Ground Law
- Self-Defense Case
- Florida Task Force on Self-defense Laws to Start Work
- Fla. Task Force Begins Review of Self-defense Law
- Fla. Gets Divided Opinions on Self-defense Laws
- Gainesville Police Investigate Claims of Officer Bribery
- Police: Gunman in Ala. Bar Shooting Turned Self In
- A Kennel Helper Accuses Owners Of Running A Puppy Mill