Veterans Memorial Park's New Landmark
The Veterans Memorial Park in Ocala will soon get a bran-new iconic landmark.
Marion County officials are asking for ideas for a landscape design to fill the area where a tower used to be.
A brainstorming session will be held Thursday at the county's Parks and Recreation department.
County leaders want landscape architects to show up with fresh concepts.
"The space is where the old Florida Highway Patrol tower used to stand," County Spokesperson, Barbara Hernandez told TV20. "That creates an opportunity for improvement and we want to make sure that it's a nice spot for our residents to come and enjoy in the future."
The new landmark at the park will also serve as a gateway between downtown Ocala and Silver Springs.
The meeting will start at 11 a.m at the Parks & Recreation, main office at 111 SE 25th Avenue, Ocala. (352) 671-8560.
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Marion County Veterans Memorial Park vandalized
- Marion County May Benefit from National Rodeo's Possible New Venue
- Marion County New Year's Health Resolution
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Releases New App
- City of Ocala selects construction company for new parking garage
- Marion County Fallen Officer Memorial
- Marion County Park Receives A Facelift
- 2,000 Students Celebrate Veterans Day in Marion County
- UF's New Partnership with the Department of Veteran's Affairs