Veterans Memorial Park's New Landmark
The Veterans Memorial Park in Ocala will soon get a bran-new iconic landmark.
Marion County officials are asking for ideas for a landscape design to fill the area where a tower used to be.
A brainstorming session will be held Thursday at the county's Parks and Recreation department.
County leaders want landscape architects to show up with fresh concepts.
"The space is where the old Florida Highway Patrol tower used to stand," County Spokesperson, Barbara Hernandez told TV20. "That creates an opportunity for improvement and we want to make sure that it's a nice spot for our residents to come and enjoy in the future."
The new landmark at the park will also serve as a gateway between downtown Ocala and Silver Springs.
The meeting will start at 11 a.m at the Parks & Recreation, main office at 111 SE 25th Avenue, Ocala. (352) 671-8560.
- Man arrested after filming women in a park's restroom
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Marion County Veterans Memorial Park vandalized
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- Vandals target veterans memorial again
- New Children's ER in Ocala
- Memorial Day Service in Ocala
- Deputies clear hostage situation in Ocala Park Estates
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- The city of Ocala gets a new FedEx Ground Hub