19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
We're continuing to follow a developing story out of Alachua County.
Deputies have made an arrest in a homicide in Waldo Tuesday night. 19 year old Willard Newman was arrested for burglary and pre-meditated murder.
Detectives say they got a call around 5 Tuesday night saying neighbors heard gunshots at this house. When they arrived they went into the home and pulled the victim 52 year old Ronald Andrews from inside. After securing the house, and making sure no one was inside... investigators say they got another call this time coming from an unknown area in Southwest Gainesville. They believe person who called was involved in the incident.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sargeant Todd Kelly said "This is generally a very quiet neighborhood and I'm sure this is shocking to everyone n the community but again we're very fortunate that we're able to get him apprehended very quickly."
Andrews was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have recovered a handgun but they're still checking to see if it's related to the shooting. Newman is at the Alachua County Jail.
- Arrest Made In 3 Year Old Murder
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- 7-year-old struck by school bus
- Bus driver cleared after running over 7-year-old
- 9-Year-Old Girl Running For A Good Cause
- Unsolved Mysteries: Four Years Since Lila Leach's Murder
- After three years, Thomas pleads to murder of Rosemary Jenkins
- Waldo agrees to pay off debt from use of center
- Man Who Committed Murder Earlier This Month Is Arrested