19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
We're continuing to follow a developing story out of Alachua County.
Deputies have made an arrest in a homicide in Waldo Tuesday night. 19 year old Willard Newman was arrested for burglary and pre-meditated murder.
Detectives say they got a call around 5 Tuesday night saying neighbors heard gunshots at this house. When they arrived they went into the home and pulled the victim 52 year old Ronald Andrews from inside. After securing the house, and making sure no one was inside... investigators say they got another call this time coming from an unknown area in Southwest Gainesville. They believe person who called was involved in the incident.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sargeant Todd Kelly said "This is generally a very quiet neighborhood and I'm sure this is shocking to everyone n the community but again we're very fortunate that we're able to get him apprehended very quickly."
Andrews was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have recovered a handgun but they're still checking to see if it's related to the shooting. Newman is at the Alachua County Jail.
- Arrest Made In 3 Year Old Murder
- 82 Year Old Man Murdered In Suwannee County
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Alachua County Man Arrested for Allegedly Shooting Neighbor to Death
- Waldo Sues Alachua County
- 92 Year Old Woman Accused of Shooting at Neighbor Over A Kiss
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Caught on Camera: 71-year-old Shoots at Robbers
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old