Bob's River Place Waits For "To-Do List"
The fortunes of "Bob's River Place" in Dixie County have swung back and forth like one of his ropes over the Suwannee river.
Bob Hawkins started his place forty years ago, but last year he shut down.
According to county officials, some of his slides, docks, and platforms were built without the proper permits.
"They said they were going to give me a list of things to do, to bring it up to meet their code," said Hawkins.
They didn't but still allowed Hawkins to re-open last summer.
As Hawkins waits for a to-do list from the county, he's already started making some changes on his own-like converting this former walk way into a "splash pad," installing hand rails and lowering his slide to ten feet.
"The main thing, is making sure there's no accidents, which I do," he said.
Hawkins is open which the county says is okay, but they wouldn't say when they'd have their list to Hawkins.
The state health department dropped it's case against Bob's Place in April, after recent changes in state legislation.
Now they're just monitoring the water quality, which at last check was satisfactory, according to their reports.
- "Bob's River Place" Open For Play As Usual
- "Bob's River Place" Will Stay Open Upon Meeting Permits
- Residents Fight to Keep "Bob's River Place" Open
- Three suspended for paper waiting list at Gainesville VA
- Trick or Treaters Safe Places List
- Wise Joins Effort with "Raise the Roof" Fundraiser for Girls Place
- TV 20's Bob William;s Honored for Community Service
- Sanders Invokes Bob Marley As He Tells Gator Nation, "Don't Worry"
- Teachers Still Waiting for Governor's Pay Raise
- Governor Crist on McCain's List For The Vice Presidential Slot