Couple Celebrates 69 Year Anniversary
The divorce rate among baby boomers has surged to more than fifty percent.
However one Gainesville couple has the secret to success as time goes by.
"I borrowed it from a friend, a 34 Ford, which you probably never seen," said Edward Skotta, who recalls the car and the Horace Heidt concert he took his wife Dorothy to decades ago.
On Tuesday the couple celebrated their 69-year wedding anniversary.
"Everything about him is wonderful," said Dorothy.
The Miami natives now live at the Gainesville Health Care Center, and other than mild dementia, Ed, 90, and Dorothy, 89, are still kicking.
"They like italian food, and fruits, those are the things they love the most," said James Frial, the couple's nutritionist.
However, you won't find this couple's secret to forever, in what they're eating.
"We have her prayer book from 56 years ago, and we pray out of her prayer book," said Ed.
These Catholics say it's simple, put your faith in God, and nothing is impossible.
Dorothy does need a little more help getting around, but these sweethearts don't fear tomorrow.
"We're ready to go anytime, I don't know where we're gonna go, but I hope it's a good place," said Ed.
A place, where they pray they'll be together.
The couple does have one daughter, who is a doctor practicing in Seattle.
- Catholic Priest Celebrates 30 Year Anniversary
- The One Year Anniversary of Paws on Parole
- One Year Anniversary
- 10 Year Anniversary of Local Serviceman's Death in Iraq
- 10 Year Anniversary Of Fallen Deputy Brian Litz
- After 70 Years One Couple Found A Way to Keep the Love Alive
- Peace Corps Celebrates Anniversary
- Post Office Celebrates Anniversary, Tries to Avoid Closure
- Florida Couple Sails Around The World for 14 Years
- NASA Celebrates Anniversary