Deadly Day on Marion County Roads
Two traffic crashes, just hours apart in Marion County on Thursday, had the same result: a life lost.
The first was just before one in the morning on Northeast 226th Avenue Road. 29- year old Jesse Wilson lost control of his truck while trying to negotiate a curve, causing it to overturn. Wilson was thrown out on to the shoulder of the road and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The second happened just after 9 am, and was a textbook case of why not to text and drive.
29 year old Walter Woodard was headed east on UD Highway 27. He told state troopers he was texting when his car drifted into the south shoulder. He over-corrected and lost control, hitting another car across the median. Both vehicles overturned.
The other driver, 71 yearold Bobby Morgan, later died at Shands Hospital from his injuries.
No charges have been filed yet in either of the crashes.
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- Deadly Head-On Crash In Marion County
- Marion County Teacher and Husband Found Dead
- Deadly Marion County Crash
- Deadly Hit and Run Crash in Marion County Over the Weekend
- Deadly Plane Crash in Marion County
- Deadly Crash in Marion County
- Two killed in deadly crash in Marion County
- 3 dead, 2 injured in Marion County crash
- Two dead after crashes in Marion County