Gainesville Celebrates Bike Month With New Bike Lockers
Gainesville city employees now have an 8-foot long by 5-foot high and 4-foot wide reason to ride their bike to work.
Thanks to a group of young men with Gainesville's Job Corps, the city has a bike box with enough space to store two large bikes.
Though Gainesville already has 15 bike lockers, this latest addition is the only one that can hold larger bikes.
The bike box was unveiled today at city hall during Gainesville's National Bike Month celebration.
Coordinators with the city's bike program say they are trying to make it easier for employees who choose to ride their bikes to work.
As for the Job Corp's team that built it...they say it wasn't just the community that benefitted.
The new bike locker will be stationed at city hall.
- Gainesville Students Celebrate Chinese New Year
- One Family In Ocala Proudly Celebrates National Adoption Month
- New Fare Boxes In RTS Buses
- Thinking Inside the Box: Innovative Construction in Gainesville
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- Associate: Hernandez Put Guns in Box in Basement
- Kid Who Hit FedEx Truck Gets New Bike
- University of Florida launches new bike rental program
- Bike Licenses May be on the Way to Gainesville
- Group Discusses Bike Concerns in Gainesville