Levy County Road Re-Opens
Drivers were forced to take detours for one workweek, but now a road closed by what was thought to be a small sinkhole is back open and ready for business.
People with the county's Road Department placed flashing roadside signs to tell drivers that repairs to Levy County Road 347 west of CR 345 near Chiefland are finished and traffic can now pass in both directions,
The section of road was closed on Monday when crews believed a 12 inch crack was the opening of a 147 foot depression.
In a media release, however, Levy County Road Department Administrative Superintendent Bruce Greenlee reported that no "voids" were found. Instead, "substandard materials" led to the damage in the roadway.
But Greenlee warns the repairs created "soft shoulders" to the road and motorists should still drive carefully.
- Roads Re-Open in Bradford After Fire is Contained
- Depot Avenue Re-opens
- Poe Springs Re-Opens on July Fourth
- Park Re-opens With New Boardwalk
- Cedar Key Landmark Ready To Re-Open
- Rising River Levels Lead to Road Closures in Levy County
- Levy County Road Detour May Be Permanent
- Possible Road Closure in Levy County
- Road to Close in Levy County
- State Road 26 Reopened After Gunman Scare