Police Say Shooting Victim Fired Shots Into Crowd
A Hawthorne man who was shot and killed last week was armed with a handgun and fired shots into a crowd that had gathered during an argument, Alachua County Sheriff's officials say.
Investigators say Calvin Thomas and a dozen others were involved in a dispute over family issues when he pulled a gun from his car and started shooting on April 25.
Witnesses told police that Thomas was then shot by someone in the crowd.
Police say they have spoken with witnesses and have leads as to the identity of the shooter.
But sherriff's officials say whether or not any charges will be filed is up to the state's attorney's office once the shooter is identified.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office creates safe place for online sales
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Alachua County Man in Jail After Firing Shots at Wife's Boyfriend
- Columbia County Inmates Shot by Gunman
- Two Women In Clay County Are Shot At In Their Car, One Dies
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview