Benefit Car Wash For Best Friend
Earlier this week a 13 year old Gainesville teen passed away from a rare type of cancer, today family and friends gather to show their support.
D'Aisha porter died from Clear Cell Sarcoma Tuesday, leaving her cheer leading buddy and best friend, Anastasia Harris behind.
This, however does not mean Harris has forgotten her close friend...
On the contrary, her father says it was her idea to host a car wash and help with the cost of her best friend's funeral arrangement.
"We're just doing a benefit car wash to try and help with some of the financial stress that's been brought up on the family with the loss of their daughter and that's basically what we're doing here today."
Mr. Harris says Porter battled cancer since 2009 but will always be remembered for her contagious smile.
Porter's funeral will take place next week, Saturday at 11 a.m. in Mebane Middle School.
- Car wash for D'Aisha Porter
- D'Aisha Porter Passes Away
- Funeral of D'Aisha Porter
- D'Aisha Porter Battles Cancer With Support of Community
- A Clean Bill Of Health For Man's Best Friend
- Sebastian Ochsenius' Death... Exclusive Interview With Best Friend Tonight
- Man Accused of Stealing Friend's Car
- Soldier Reunited with Man's Best Friend
- Does Cell Phone Use Cause Cancer?
- Three Years After Sebastian Ochsenius Is Killed, Best Friend Speaks Up