Chiefland Construction Site Burglarized Again
Two burglaries about a month apart at the future site of Chiefland's only Beef O Brady's is not stopping restaurant owner, Mark Swain, or his crew from pushing forward with their projected July 15th opening.
Swain says "You never want to think that someone's gonna be that negative toward you, or you don't want to think that the average human is that mean, but obviously it shows you that at times they are."
The construction site is located on the corner of US-19 and County Road 346, a fairly well travelled stretch of road throughout the day, but after hours, poor lighting and low traffic are just a few of the things that leave businesses vulnerable.
Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant, Scott Tummond says, " In the first instance the building was not dried in, so the doors were not in place, so they had access to the interior of the building, walking through an open doorway."
About a month later the site was burglarized again and thieves got away with 2 flat screen TV's.
Deputies estimate that between the two break ins, ten-thousand dollars worth of tools building supplies and electronics were stolen.
There is a reward for anyone who can help investigators make an arrest.
Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers at 1-877-349-8477.
- Beef O' Brady's Super Bowl Tips
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site
- Three Arrested for Trying to Burglarize Home Under Construction
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Trench Collapse Traps Worker on City of Gainesville Construction Site
- Man Collapses at Biomass Construction Site
- Ward's Soon To Sell Locally Raised Beef
- Jalapeno burger for national burger month
- Workers Caught Stealing Copper Wire from FBI Construction Site
- Burglar Boils Little Girl's Turtles to Death