Five Puppies Drown in Morning Flood
By: Yaremi Farinas
"Flash flooding that we had early this morning in Bradford county resulted in so much water in the creek behind our animal control," said Starling.
On a regular day Alligator Creek is about 35 to 40 feet away from the building. With over seven inches of rain in the city of Starke, Alligator Creek is now over its banks, forcing these animals to stay at the Bradford County Fairgrounds.
Captain Starling says the Sheriff's Office already had been working on getting a new animal control building. It's expected to be finished within the next two years.
- Suwanee County's Lost Homes In The Flood
- Repairing Sinkholes In Live Oak After Tropical Storm Debby
- Disaster Asistance Center Closing Despite Oncoming Storm
- Lake City Flooding
- Sanat Fe River Flood Levels Rise
- Mosquitoes are Out and Counties are Fighting Back
- 6/26/12 Pet of the Day: Birds Escape the Rain
- After the Storm with Bradford County Residents
- Trenton Dog Owners Deny Running Puppy Mill
- Pet Oxygen Mask Kits Donated to Bradford County