Gas Station Donations Lead to Crime Fighting Canine
He's one of Gainesville's newest crime-fighting canines and Wednesday, one local police dog got a chance to say thank you to the people who helped make his new home possible.
Roo, a 2-year-old German Shepherd, was officially welcomed into the the Gainesville Police Department.
That is thanks to a $6,500 donation by local Kangaroo Gas Stations.
More than $53 hundred of that was collected from customers of the gas stations.
Roo and his handler, Ofc. Jeff Kerkau, just completed the required State of Florida Police K-9 certification.
- Former Boy Scout Gives Away Kangaroo Cups
- Gas station worker steals lotto tickets
- Gas Stations Fight Skimmers
- K-9 Units: Cop & Canine Bond
- Gainesville Police Bring Helicopter, Canines to Show and Tell
- Police searching for 2 men wanted for gas station robbery
- Police Investigate Local Gas Station
- Police Looking For Gas Station Robbers
- Gas Station Robbery in Gainesville
- Allegations of racism at Gainesville gas station. Now family demands justice