Man Hit by Car on Silver Springs Blvd
It was a violent accident in Ocala after a man in his sixties is hit by a car Wednesday morning.
It happened near the 1200 block of Silver Springs Blvd., near the Historic Ritz Hotel.
The man, who was using a walker to cross the road was in critical condition when flown to Shands Hospital.
The man lived in a motel nearby. He suffered severe injuries to one of his legs and upper body.
Then just a couple of hours later, a few miles away, a woman in her sixties suffers a seizure and strikes a poll.
That accident happened on the corner of S.W. 27th Avenue and S.W. 20th Street in Ocala.
The 65-year-old female driver was also taken to Shands and is in critical condition.
Officers said her daughter and two young children were also in the vehicle when the accident happened. They were not seriously injured.
The driver may have suffered severe injuries to her neck, officers said. She was driving at an estimated 30 miles an hour.
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Man hit and killed in Marion County
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Marion county man found shot to death in car
- Man dies after car crash in Marion County
- Silver Springs Man Charged In Missouri Sex Ring
- Man shot while sleeping in Silver Springs
- Silver Springs Man netted in internet sex sting
- County Take Over of Silver Springs