Ocala Social Security Office Closed
The Social Security Administration has provided the following information regarding the closing of the Social Security Office in Ocala:
The Ocala Florida office located at 217 Southeast First Avenue is closed due to extensive flood damage from Tropical Storm Debby. The Ocala Social Security Office is scheduled to move to a new location in August 2012.
Since the damage to the current location will take several months to repair, it will remain closed and will reopen at the new location in August.
Most Social Security business does not require a visit to the office. Services are available online at www.socialsecurity.gov , Social Security’s toll free telephone number (1-800-772-1213) and by mail.
Some of the services available on our website include:
- Apply for Social Security retirement/spouse/disability benefits
- Get your statement online
- Apply for extra help with your Medicare prescription drug cost
- Change your address or telephone number
- Get a replacement Medicare card.
- Request a proof of income letter
- Get a form 1099
- Online services also available in Spanish
You can visit any Social Security office for assistance. The nearest offices to Ocala are Gainesville or Leesburg Florida.
1610 NW 23rd Ave 118 E. Main Street
Gainesville, FL 32605 Leesburg, FL 34748
(877) 219-8323 (866)836-3623
- Social Security Going Paperless in March
- Social Security Checks
- Social Security Threatened
- More Arrested In NYPD Social Security Fraud
- Central Florida Office Plus Closing after 56 Years
- Post Office Closing
- Ocala Bingo Hall Ordered To Close Again
- Ocala Airport Tower Closing
- Ocala Regional Trauma Center May Close
- Ocala officer fired after arrest for sex with underage girl