Ocalans Affirm They'll Have Another Triple Crown
It is the talk of the town...
I'll Have Another sold at Ocala's OBS will go for the famed Triple Crown this Saturday at the Belmont.
"He would be the first Triple Crown winner since 1978," Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owner's Association CEO & Executive Vice President, Lonny Powell told TV20.
Florida still carries the mantle.
A horse named "Affirmed," bred in Ocala currently holds the title.
And in his honor, the FTBOA has proclaimed this week as belonging to him.
"It's just kind of folklore and part of the great history of Ocala knowing that last Triple Crown winner came from this very area," Powell said.
That history is proudly displayed at the association's headquarters where an exhibit for Affirmed now stands.
"There's no greater place to race horses, raise horses, train or condition horses than Florida," Powell stated.
Bringing home another win would also bring big bucks to the local economy.
We visited the Tack Shack where those who sold I'll Have Another shop.
The store's owner only had one senario in mind.
"I'll Have Another sitting off the lead and heading for home and just takes off, and wins it," Marti Haught said.
But countless other Ocalans are also cheering him on.
"And you can just bet I'll be having another if he wins on Saturday," horse enthusiast, Susan Edwards said with a chuckle.
Only 11 horses have ever won the Triple Crown.
- I'll Have Another Won't Be Going For the Triple Crown
- I'll Have Another Faces Test Of Champions, Ghosts of Failed Triple Crown Attempts
- I'll Have Another Wins Preakness Stakes, 1 Race Away From Triple Crown
- I'll Have Another Odds-On Favorite for Belmont, An Every Horse for Every Man
- New Video of I'll Have Another
- Marion Co. Horse Owners, Trainers Talk About Triple Crown Standards, OBS June Sale
- I'll Have Another Wins 138th Kentucky Derby
- I'll Have Another On Short List of Williston Horse Greats
- Tiffany Sessions Part 1: Why Police Think They've Found Their Lead Suspect
- Residents Say They're Getting Flat Tires From Construction Site