Beef MoosOver for Cow Appreciation Day
Friday the 13th was a day for chicken lovers and dozens in Gainesville had the cow suits, cow pajamas and cow ears to prove it.
National Cow Appreciation Day took place at Chick-fil-A's nationwide.
Chicken fans dressed from head to hoof in cow gear to show their appreciation..and get free food.
In Gainesville, Chick-fil-A stores said it has been standing room only since they opened their doors at 6am.
Employees say they have enjoyed seeing the inventive costumes -- like one sister and brother who showed up as the head and tail respectively.
One family says they've been doing this for four years now...and it's not just the free food that keeps them coming back.
The promotion runs until 10pm Friday...so fans still have time to get their cow suits on.
- Chicken Lovers Line Up For More than Just the Sandwich
- Chick-Fil-A Supporters and Critics Flood the Streets of Gainesville
- Students Weigh In on Chick-Fil A Controversy
- Alachua County Celebrates National Provider Appreciation Day
- Farm to Table: How New FDA Guidelines Affect Beef and Dairy
- Blind Wine Chick
- Farm fire kills 24,000 chicks
- Ward's Soon To Sell Locally Raised Beef
- Possible E-Coli Contamination Causes Winn-Dixie to Recall Beef
- UF Beefs up Security Football Gameday Weekend