NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Lawsuit Against Gainesville Delayed After Judge Steps Down
ALACHUA COUNTY - It was a short day for a former city worker at the Alachua County Civil Courthouse.
Erin Friedberg is suing the city of Gainesville to get access to emails she needs for the Florida Comission on Human Releations.
The city says they will giver the emails but it will cost $40,000.
Wednesday's hearing was cut short however, because the presiding judge, Victor Huslander for the Eighth Judicial Circuit of Florida, stepped down.
This comes after Erin Friedberg's attorney, Gabe Kaimowitz emailed documents to him.
Huslander didn't go in to too much detail about the documents but says after reading them he felt that he would not be able to preside over the case.
"The subject matter that Mr. Kaimowitz addressed in that case, I have concluded that I have reasonable doubt that I can be impartial in respect to Mr. Kaimowitz," Huslander said. "I'm going to recuse myself at this time."
- Judge Throws Out Lawsuit Against Gilchrist County Sheriff Schultz
- Two Prominent Alachua County Judges Step Down
- Judge Tosses 3 NY Lawsuits Against Ex-Elmo Actor
- Judge in Neighborhood Watch Case Won't Step Down
- Gainesville Police Officer Steps Down Because of Internal Investigation
- Judge Reluctant to Delay in Zimmerman Case
- Woman Files Lawsuit Against Pharmacy Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Civil Rights Lawsuit Against Sheriff And Deputy
- Former University Officer Plans Lawsuit Against UF
- After Four Delays, Gore's Execution Scheduled For Tuesday