Meadowbrook Opening Soon, District Hopes It Will Relieve Overcrowding
ALACHUA COUNTY - Construction workers have been on a roll, as they work to complete a brand new elementary school in Alachua County.
Meadowbrook is set to open on August 20.
"It's a new school that we have needed for quite some time," says Jackie Johnson, spokesperson for Alachua County Public Schools.
"A lot of movement in this county is heading west, and we had some pretty overcrowded situations in the west side of Gaineseville,"
Johnson says the school will have a domino effect on other schools because it will relieve some of their overcrowding.
The 16.5 million-dollar school allows for about 700 students to attend, and it's possible for the roster to fill up fast with all of the movement in Meadowbrook's district.
Johnson says it's important for parents to enroll their children in Alachua County public schools as soon as possible.
Meadowbrook is all set to open on Alachua County's first day of school, with their smart boards and energy efficient classrooms ready to go.
Meadowbrook, along with all of Alachua County's public schools will host a "Meet Your Teacher" event on July 17.
- Legacy Elem. Will Reduce Overcrowding at Other Schools
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- FluMist is Back in Alachua County Public Schools
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools
- Two Buses Stolen From Alachua County School District Lot
- Alachua County School Board Officials Hope To Have Standardized Tests Delayed
- Alachua County School Board Will Vote on Dress Code
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase