Pedestrian Killed While Crossing Street
Published July 25th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - It happened a little after 9:00 Wednesday evening...Gainesville Police say a 59-year-old woman tried to cross Northwest 13th Street near where it intersects with 39th Avenue.
She was hit by a Chevy pickup truck and died almost instantly.
The driver of the car stopped to try to help and is being interviewed by police.
"When people choose to cross the road and traffic of this volume at this hour of the night nothing good is going to happen," Gainesville Police Sergeant Mike Douglas.
This is the second pedestrian to be hit and killed in a month in Gainesville. UF student Rebecca Harris died after being hit on Archer Road.
- Putnam County Deputy Hits, Kills Pedestrian Crossing U.S. 17
- Pedestrian Killed on 13th Street- Are Our Roads Safe?
- Man Struck by Truck While Crossing the Street and Carrying His Dog
- Two Crossing Guards Die in a Car Crash While Off Duty
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike
- Pedestrian Killed In Hit And Run Crash
- Pedestrian Hit, Killed in Marion County
- Bradford Pedestrian Struck and killed, Driver Sought
- Semi-Truck Strikes, Kills Pedestrian On I-75
- Man Kills Mother Of His Daughter, While She's Pregnant With Her Next Child