People Beating the Heat for the 4th of July
People all across North Central Florida are celebrating America's birthday, and thousands are getting ready for tonight's big bang in Alachua. Local businesses help fund the City of Alachua fireworks by the tune of 30 thousand dollars. But depsite the heat, its not stopping folks from having fun, playing volleyball and enjoying each other's company, taking time to recognize how great America is. Residents we spoke to are pleased we have the freedom. .
"Just the freedom we have as a nation, just to be able to gather, and just the honor the americans who have given their lives to make this day happen to have the freedom that we have that we don't take this for granted," Oscar Roche ,a pastor at Ignite Life Center said.
Roche is one of many reisdents who wants other Americans to spend some time reflecting in order to move to a better future.
- 4th of July Dedication Ceremony
- Alachua Prepares for the 4th of July
- Beat The Heat
- Beat the Heat- Exercise Safety Tips
- July 4th Fireworks Scrapped at a Number of Military Bases in The US
- Man Beats Up Two Elderly People After they Refuse to Buy Hair Clippers
- 4th Annual Southeast Regional Firefighter Combat Challenge
- Sparks May still Fly this 4th in Marion County
- Florida Ranks 4th Nationally in AP Test Scores
- Trial For UF Student Murder Case Set To August 4th