Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - Community leaders cut the ribbon on a $1 million dollar apartment renovation project.
The new owners of the Verdant Cove Apartment Complex say it's something to celebrate because it's an investment in a part of town that doesn't see much investing.
The complex -- once known as The Glades -- is across the street from Eastside High School.
The owners say they not only renovated the buildings and grounds, but also took on new staff, launched a "courtesy patrol" and stiffened application requirements for renters.
- Ocala asks community to get on board for million dollar project
- North Florida Regional Medical Center Announces $58 Million Dollar Expansion Project
- University of Florida Announced 47 Million Dollars In Budget Cuts
- Man Suffers Severe Burns after an Explosion in his Apartment
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Gainesville Bookstores Saving Students Millions of Dollars
- Gainesville Housing Authority Faces Million Dollar Shortfall
- 57 Million Dollar Pet Hospital Opens in Gainesville
- Peace Ribbon Project
- Main Street Ribbon Cutting