Suspect Arrested in Haile Plantation Rape Case
ALACHUA COUNTY - U.S. Marshals arrested Andrew Payne in connection to the brutally violent rape of a woman at Haile Plantation in 2008.
A warrant for the 38-year-old was issued in Alachua County on Monday.
The Gainesville Division of the U.S. Marshals Florida Regional Fugitive Task Force submitted Payne's arrest warrant to the Marshal's Regional Fugitive Task Force due to the nature of the charges and his history of violence.
Monday night, Payne was traced to a trailer in Willacoochee, Georgia.
Tuesday morning, he was taken into custody and is currently in the Coffee County jail pending extradition back to Alachua County.
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- One Year After Haile Plantation Jogger Rape
- Arrest In Haile Plantation Attack
- Residents Relieved After Suspected Rapist Arrested
- GPD Makes Arrest in Rape Case
- Payne Keeps Quiet As He Enters Jail
- Haile Plantation Residents Get Answers
- County Commission Reverses Original Decision, Approves Archer Braid Trail Through Haile Plantation
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- Driver Escapes after Haile Plantation Sinkhole Swallows Jeep