OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Ocala police say the mother of a 1-year-old boy abandoned her son at a store as she was trying to steal merchandise.
Police say a Walmart employee told an officer that the woman put merchandise in the baby's diaper bag Friday. When the woman and her sister tried to leave, the employee stopped them and ordered them inside.
Authorities say the mother immediately ran, leaving her child behind with her sister. The sister soon broke free from the employee and also ran away.
The two sisters were picked up in the Walmart parking lot by a blue Ford Aerostar van and arrested Saturday outside a dance club.
- 23 Suspects Taken Into Custody And Charged In Connection To Organized Retail Theft
- Five Suspects Arrested for Walmart Theft
- Suspect Arrested for Grand Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property
- Suspects Sentenced in Massive Identity Theft Ring
- Two More Suspects Arrested in Indentity Theft Ring
- Four Wanted in WalMart Thefts
- Three Arrested for Grand Theft in Levy County
- Miami Man Arrested in Marion County for Georgia Theft
- North Central Florida Wage Theft Task Force Holds Workshop
- Attempted ATM Theft Caught on Tape