Women Accused of Hawthorne Murder Plead Guilty
GAINESVILLE - The women involved in the murder of a Hawthorne man last year have had a change of heart, and a change of plea.
Guenevere and Stephanie Hudnall both plead guilty to second degree murder...Guenevere is accused of stabbing her father to death with a pickaxe and her mother accused of encouraging her to do it.
The guilty plea's mean both women will most likely not go to trial...but the state attorney says in the case that the mother does go to trial, they have to sentence Guenevere second...so she can testify against her mother.
"Should there be a change of heart, and defendants many times have them when they realize what's going to happen to them, we are still protected because the daughter's plea requires the testimony against the mother."
The scheduling of the sentencing for the women will happen in late august.
- Pickax Murder Leaves Hawthorne in Shock
- Not Guilty Verdict in the Hawthorne Murder Trial
- Accused Would-Be-Terrorist Pleads Not Guilty in Tampa
- Man Pleads Not Guilty To Murdering Teen
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Florida GOP Congressman Pleads Guilty to Cocaine Charge
- Kalisz Pleads Guilty in Shooting Death of Chad Reed
- Fout Pleads "Not Guilty"
- Ex Football Coach Pleads Not Guilty
- Two Commissioners Plead Not Guilty to Bribery Charges