Arrests Made in Santa Fe Student's Killing
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville police detectives believe they have arrested the person responsible for killing a Santa Fe College student.
Jonathan Peterson, 26, was arrested Monday in connection with the shooting death of Eugene Shelton last Thursday.
Shelton was fatally shot during what detectives say was a drug deal gone wrong.
Detectives said they used eyewitness testimony and cell phone records to connect Peterson to the killing.
According to the arrest report, a witness saw Shelton on the phone arranging to buy drugs.
That phone call was traced back to Peterson.
Co-defendant, Adrick Williams, said he loaned Peterson his phone to make the drug deal.
Peterson reportedly told Williams later about the shooting.
Williams was arrested Sunday and charged with accessory after the fact.
The gun used to kill Peterson has not been found.
Anyone with information is asked to contact GPD's tipline: 352-393-7700
- Fundraising for Funeral Service
- Santa Fe Student Killed
- Santa Fe College Dealing With Student's Kidnapping
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up
- Upcoming Festival Features College Student's Short Films
- Student's Condition Improving After Being Hit By Bus
- Student's Cell Phone Video Catches Gym Teacher Stealing From Lockers
- Dead UF Student's Car Found
- Lawsuit Filed Over Bethune-Cookman Student's Death
- Missing woman's boyfriend arrested, family searching for answers