Conversations Help Give Commissioners Feedback From Residents
ALACHUA COUNTY - Residents got the chance to act as County Commissioners during a Community Conversation event held at Freedome Community Center during the weekend of August 25.
This is the fourth held this year.
So far, 100 residents have attended.
Residents worked on putting a budget together and decided where to cut spending.
They were asked what can be done to improve Alachua County as well as providing solution to the issues facing the county.
Participants talked to TV 20 about how they enjoyed learning how county government works.
Officials with the County Commission say this was one way for them to get feedback from residents.
- Residents voice concerns over claims against two Alachua County commissioners
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Wells Fargo Celebrates Official Conversion From Wachovia
- Residents seeking help to fix collapsed bridge
- Gun buy-back program in Marion County stirs conversation
- Conservation tax stirs conversation
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Bank Teller Accused of Helping Steal Money From Bank Customer
- City Wants Your Feedback On Spending Millions Of Dollars
- Inglis Residents Demand Recall of Commissioner